Get Your Robes Ready: Paradox Interactive Shows Off the “Unique” World of Magicka
NEW YORK – February 8th 2010 – Paradox Interactive has today unveiled brand new footage for Magicka, which is set to join Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West as one of the first two Paradox Interactive titles to launch on consoles. Developed by Arrowhead Game Studios, the action-adventure title based on Norse mythology will transport players into a fantasy environment unlike anything ever experienced before. (Well, sort of).
Preview the quest of four of the bravest wizards as they take on dragons, ice monsters and wield things that glow in an attempt to save the world from ultimate peril.
View the teaser trailer that bests all teaser trailers here:
Additionally, Johan Pilestedt, CEO and Game Director at Arrowhead Game Studios recently sat down at the Paradox Interactive Convention to discuss Magicka.
“The most important key feature is the dynamic spell-casting system where you can combine spells freely. For example, combining two elements, like fire and water creates steam. And if you then combine that steam with earth you create an earth projectile which, when it hits something, explodes in a steam cloud.”
Be prepared for intense fighting in fancy robes when Magicka releases on multiple platforms in Q2 2010.
Magicka Game Features:
- Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with over a million possible combinations
- Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
- Fight your way through 13 different levels in the campaign
- Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evilest of wizards
- Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world