We’re currently looking for some new people to join our growing team. As we grow the website we love to take on new people with fresh ideas for content, so If you feel you could fit in have a read below and get in-contact.
Do you live and breath games? We are currently on the hunt for writing talent to work with TheGamersHub.
We are looking for an organized individual, with a good understanding of grammar and near impeccable English to take up a vital role within our team. This is an ideal position for someone wishing to move into the gaming journalism industry, as well as build an understanding of company relations, content management systems and start growing an online portfolio of work.
Your duties on a daily basis would be:
- - Generation of new content ideas, be it features, news, reviews or previews.
- - Aid the posting of content to aggregate sites such as N4G.com
- - Ensure the website’s Style Guide is being adhered to.
- - Working with other members of the editorial team to proof read articles.
- - Secure interviews and assets from companies across the world.
Occasionally you may also be asked to:
- -Post up news articles and distribute e-mails to team members
- -Review games or conduct interviews
In exchange we can give you:
- -A fun team to work with
- -Team game nights via PSN or Xbox Live
- -A free game borrowing service from our back catalogue
- -Industry contacts that can help you progress your career
- -Chances to attend industry events on behalf of Thegamershub.com
We are now also looking into getting a Community Manager to work with the editorial teams and the community.
The Community Manager is responsible for interacting with the community focused around the websites and social networks we use. Our aim for the community manager is to keep our community in-touch with us in a friendly and fun way. Using an understanding of games, gamers and online communities, the Community Manager processes feedback, and keeps the website readers in-touch with the website. They will need to work well in a team environment and have experience in managing competitions, use of social networks and Youtube – as well as an understanding in CMS like WordPress. Key contributing Area’s: Community interaction • Manage relationships with TGH readers via the website and it’s social network channels.
- • Run gaming meet up events in-game, and attend gaming events on behalf of the website.
- • Encourage community members to leave comments and feedback, assist in their creation as necessary and appropriate.
- • Maintain contacts with established fansites to keep them active and informed
- • Use Social Networking platforms to keep community informed Community reporting
- • Report back to Editors about what the community like and don’t like. Inform the team in what we should be working on to increase community interaction. Liaise between community and internal departments
- • Help scheduling developer participation in community chats, events, and interviews
- • Devise new methods of developer interaction with community (eg blogs, podcasts)
- • Advise on tactics and strategies for their respective market Create and execute competitions, promotions and drive activity within the community
- • Devise competitions, promotions and creative events and activity, research terms and conditions, and write required content for promotions
- • Source prizes, communicate with prize winners and ensure prize delivery
- . Establish and maintain regular communications with TGH staff